Once Baliso 1.0 beta is released, it will be available here for download.
For the moment, you can grab the source code in the SVN repository.
Before running Baliso, make sure you have the following software installed:
Download it from here. Extract the archive in trunk/.
- Baliso Artwork Resources
Download this archive and extract it in trunk/.
- OurSQL: MySQL Bindings for Python, version 0.9.2
Download this patched version and install it using setup.py. (The release version of OurSQL has a bug that makes it impossible for certain kinds of queries to be executed when using Python 3.)
Eventually, Vordos Deplorio will provide a quick and easy installation procedure for Rejasca and Baliso. In the meantime, developers can install the software using these steps:
1. Download and install Rejasca.
2. Grab Baliso’s source code from SVN.
3. Download the dependency files. Install OurSQL using setup.py, and extract ext-3.3.1.zip and baliso-resources.tar.gz in trunk/.
$ ./rejasca-httpd.py --threads=8 --static-content-dir=/path/to/baliso/trunk
6. Point your browser to test.html (located in trunk/).
Problems you May Encounter
- Although Baliso should work with most modern browsers, it has only been tested with Firefox 4. Please file a bug report if you encounter a problem when running Baliso with a different browser.